I figured another recipe was due, after all those poems.
Not that the poems were bad – in fact, I’m rather proud of them, clearly. Nonetheless, in order to keep up the name Poetry and Pastry, I should share a recipe or two.
The cookies are called Movie Theaters because they include the two best things at movies: popcorn, and candy.
(In case you’re wondering, the film itself is entirely optional)
[Necessary picture of 3 cookies with a bite in one, required by all recipe blogs.]
All, right, enough chit-chat, let’s get down to business.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup sugar (sweet tooth?)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup miniature M’n’ms
- At least 1 1/3 cup popcorn, plain
- Grease two small cooky sheets. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dry mix into the wet mix. Stir together, with a large rubber spatula. Fold the add-ins in with your hands.
- Roll chunks of dough into balls, and place them on the cookie sheets about an inch apart, or maybe like 4 centimeters. Scoop the dough with a large dinner spoon to get a good size.
- Whack the sheets in the freezer while you wash the dishes and clean up. (About ten minutes)
- Whack them in the oven for 10-14 minutes. Cooking time may vary, depending on how long you froze them.
- If you don’t have the miniature M’n’ms, you can use miniature chocolate chips, other candy. I want to try Nerds, but I’m nervous…
- If you use salted popcorn, you may want to lower the salt amount.
- I like to use closer to 2 cups of popcorn, but if you’re not sure about this, you can lower the amount until you get used to the idea.
- Using half brown and half-white sugar is always preferred, by me at least.
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! I really wanted to share this, because I think everyone should try at least one cookie with popcorn in it. The popcorn lends a certain chewiness to the cookie that I love. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’ve been missing out!
As always, like, comment, subscribe, etc. if you like my stuff. I appreciate all the lovin’ y’all give me. 🙂
Have a wonderful day.