Hey, guys! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a while, but I’ve been procrastinating. (What else is new?) Anyway, I ate this thing almost all by myself. It was an experiment, and a very successful one, if I do say so myself (which I do.) ;D
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 carton strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter/coconut oil
- (If using coconut oil) 2 tbsp. cream
- Combine coconut ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix. (See ingredient notes below)
- Spread in a parchment-lined dish. Push a few raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries into the “batter.” Freeze until solid, about half an hour.
- Melt chocolate ingredients. Spread on coconut “loaf.” If desired, place more berries on top.
- Refrigerate. Serve cold. Cut with a hot, wet knife.
- If using a food processor to blend, you may not have to use that many strawberries, or the yoghurt in the coconut blend.
- On the flip side, if using a Vitamix/blender, you may want to add a little milk to get it all creamy.
- Also, if you want to switch up the fruit theme, throw some chocolate chips in.
- As far as the chocolate mix goes, melting chocolate chips would be much easier if you wanted to do that. I didn’t, because SOMEHOW I managed to run out of chips. <:O That said, if you go the homemade route, you may want to cut down on the oil.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! I love coconut in many forms, so this was a dream for me. 🙂